Why is Wermsdorf a Place of Peace
Hubertusburg, the baroque hunting lodge of the Polish kings and Saxon electors, was the place where a historical event took place. On February 15, 1763, the Seven Years’ War (which was also described by historians as the actual First World War) between Austria, Prussia, and Saxony was concluded with the “Peace of Hubertusburg”. The “Freundeskreis Schloss Hubertusburg e.V.” is therefore devoted to numerous peace activities. Since 2006 the “Hubertusburger Friedensgespräche” took place here regularly of all two years. The “Hubertusburger Jugend-Friedenspreis” is awarded to young people with special peace activities. In the courtyard, the “Window of Peace” today recalls the Hubertusburg Peace of 1763 as a modern monument. The Saxon peace founder, Thomas Freiherr von Fritsch, is dedicated to a memorial stone. The “Freundeskreis Schloss Hubertusburg e.V.” is one of the founding members of the European Network of Places of Peace. Wermsdorf is therefore an important place on the European Cultural Route of the “Places of Peace Route”.